Présentation de la formation
Two master’s degrees – One powerful year
Dual degree: SKEMA and NC State Poole College of Management
Taught at the NC State University, Raleigh campus, August to December, and at the SKEMA Paris campus, January to May.
The aim of this programme is to prepare the next generation of leaders in premium and luxury industries that result in dual master's degrees from highly respected universities in the United States and France.
After one intense year of learning from academic and professional experts in the field of luxury and management, students apply what they have learned with an internship in the field of luxury.
Paris & Raleigh
Master of Science
The programme at a glance
► Global luxury: Courses cover all three luxury sectors: personal luxury, experiential luxury and luxury transportation
► Modern luxury: A highly digital, retail and management-driven programme preparing students for the future of luxury
► Experiential learning: Company visits, study tours to New York, Paris, Monaco, Champagne and work experience at luxury corporations
► International cohort: Students from all around the world recruited from two academic institutions
► Management focus: Access to luxury professionals through an industry advisory board, career events, networking events and luxury experts as lecturers and guest speakers
► Industry networking: Ability to connect with extensive alumni networks and luxury clubs of two powerful schools
Les vidéos du programme
6 reasons to choose this programme
• Two masters of science degrees / two amazing locations.
• Industry advisory board of key global executives working in industry.
• High-profile industry professionals teach classes to give students an insiders’ perspective into the world of global luxury management.
• Students learn by doing - they experience the global luxury industry environment.
• The internship launches students’ careers for successful leadership in the global luxury industry.
• Track record of graduates recruited in rewarding jobs worldwide.
• A passion for, and strong interest in, luxury
• Strong intellectual ability
• Leadership potential
• Personal achievements and interests
• International profile
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Basic French proficiency not required, but recommended.
• As a one-year MSc: holders of four-year degrees. As a two-year MSc: holders of three-year degrees
• B average (a GPA of 3.0 is mandatory for students who graduate from a US university).
• English proficiency (IBT TOEFL, IELTS), please see * below.
• Three letters of recommendation
• No GMAT or GRE required.
*English proficiency: IBT TOEFL score minimum of 80, each test section min. 18 points; or IELTS score min 6.5 with at least 6.5 for each section.
Courses on NC State campus, Raleigh, autumn semester
Focus on management and innovation
- Business Relationship Management
- Analytic Decision Making
- Spring NC State course: Academic Research and Thesis Writing
- Legal and Business Ethics
- Luxury Professional Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Luxury Marketing Strategy
- Global Luxury Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Luxury Consumer Behaviour and Segmentation
- Global Luxury Leadership, Communication and Negotiation
Courses at the Paris campus, spring semester
Focus on global luxury
- Luxury and “French” Vision : “les savoir-faire”
(Company strategies - study tour and visits)
- Luxury Brand Creation and Management
- Luxury Innovation
- Luxury Strategy and Scenario Planning
- Global Luxury Retail
- Luxury Sustainability Management
- Experiential Luxury and Service Excellence
- Luxury Digital Communication
- Luxury Communication Strategies
- Knowledge Management in the French Luxury Industry
I started at Coty as an E-commerce project manager where I was hired after my end-of-studies internship. I worked at the global level for both luxury and mass beauty divisions. A year later, I was recruited by Parfums Christian Dior in their Paris HQ as an international E-retail project manager.
I learned a lot through the luxury expertise on this MSc, met very special business people, worked with creative minds. I joined Apple on a permanent contract at the end of my studies. I then co-founded a company, called Hegid, innovating in the luxury watchmaking industry. Hegid also develops disruptive web technologies. I am the CMO and COO at Hegid.
After graduating from the MSc, I found an internship in sales, marketing, and public relations in a New York-based luxury home decor company. I was an intern at the company in Manhattan for a year and today I am still working there as a full-time employee specialised in the e-commerce development of the brand.
Graduates work in a wide range of core luxury, premium and luxury support sectors across the world. The majority are recruited in marketing and sales related positions in the field of personal luxury goods as well as in experiential luxury and luxury transportation.
€53 000 - average starting salary